Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Why this new Blog??

My purpose in Pokerbluegill was to have a way to write letters to everyone I know, the kind of letters I have been writing for years. The tone was celebration. The focus was on small joys: the water, an odd thought, an adventure with friends. I stayed away from issues of politics, religion, or any heavy topics.

My purpose in Birthday Bash Blog was to plan for a party in Vegas in December, to collect Vegas information, tips, suggestions and answers to questions.

My purpose is this new Blog is to collect information on the the H5N1 virus, to share my own preparations, to start a discussion with my family and friends about what we think is happening, what we are discovering in our reading, what it means we must decide, and what plans we are making. Especially in the beginning there will certainly be more questions than answers, but I am hoping to do what all Blogs on serious issues try to do, select information that does not seem to get on the daily television news. The tone of this Blog will not be panic. It will be how to face pandemic with courage and calm and intelligent planning and action.

I welcome your participation, but I understand too if you think I am a total nut case.

Yes, yes, I know, even before this post you knew I was a total nut case.

However, if you would like to add to the discussion, you can do it in the way that you can add to the discussions on any of the Blogs: leave a message at the end of any article or e-mail me.

2 comments:

Frank D. Hill said...

why are your links all the way down at the bottom on the right on this blog?

Also... is this all very dry satire of a unabomber type personality disorder? Just hoping.:)

Dewey said...

I don't know why it posted that way. they work, however.

Nope. I wish.